Vocational and Day Supports
Wildwood Programs’ Employment Services help people with intellectual disabilities to find and maintain meaningful work, at competitive wages, in their own communities. Since 1984, Wildwood Programs has provided a full array of supported employment services, including community-based assessments, career exploration, benefits planning, resume writing, interview preparation, soft-skills training, application assistance, and supported employment both on-site and off-site as needed.
Employment Services at Wildwood depend on strong partnerships with the businesses community. Wildwood helps employers understand the value of hiring people with disabilities and ensures that businesses realize the full benefit of inclusive employment.
Wildwood is pleased to be a provider of services for New York State Promise, a research project for 2,000 families in New York State with teens who receive Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI). The goal of the Promise Project is to explore the best ways to help kids with disabilities receiving SSI to successfully transition from high school to adulthood.
Employment Service may be available to anyone who is of working age and has been diagnosed with a disability. Wildwood receives referrals from ACCES-VR (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation) and OPWDD (Office for Persons with Developmental Disabilities). For further information about Employment Services, contact Paula Martelle, Director of Employment Services, email@example.com or 518.640.3339
Day Services at Wildwood provide an environment within which people who are eligible for service through OPWDD can be involved in meaningful activities that allow them to grow and learn, pursue personal goals and interests, gain greater independence and make a contribution to their community. Individuals participate in a variety of group activities designed to address their personal goals. Wildwood’s Day Services are provided through three sites (in Albany, Colonie and Clifton Park) as well as through a ‘Without Walls’ program.
Day Services: Site-based Supports
Day Services: Without Walls
Mud Shoo Farm
For questions about Wildwood Transportation, contact Steve Beaulac, Director of Transportation firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.608.6102
Pre-vocational Services: Work Readiness Initiative
- An interactive curriculum that is designed to help participants grow the skills needed for any job. The curriculum covers 52 topics that reinforce workplace expectations, development of universal "soft skills", and knowledge needed for specific careers.
- A series of increasingly personalized opportunities, including workplace tours, job try-outs and internships, allowing individuals to experience a variety of vocational settings so they can make more informed choices about their career path(s).
- 5 Days/week: Monday – Friday
- 3 Days/week Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 3 Days/week Tuesday, Thursday, Friday