Wildwood helped the Homeless and Travellers Aid Society (HATAS) School Backpack Program deliver 2,220 bags of food through the City of Albany School District! Wildwood also helped provide milk and eggs to 650 students throughout the year. HATAS says "We would not have been as successful as we were this year, without all of their help."
Broken down by program, here is how our teams impacted HATAS for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Stapling/Volunteering: New Karner:
- 18 volunteers in total, with 8 people who had never volunteered with HATAS before this year!
- Total number of cards stapled: 650
- New Karner: delivered 783 meals to Pine Hills Elementary School (roughly 30 a week)
- Pinecrest: delivered 1,115 meals to Giffen Memorial School (roughly 42.5 a week)
- Riverside: delivered 322 meals to Delaware Community School (roughly 14 a week)
A tremendous thank you to all of our dedicated DSPs who lead this charge every single week and program managers/supervisors who prioritize your volunteer commitments. Their efforts & dedication are seen, appreciated & valued in our community. Stay tuned for signing up again this fall.