Direct Support Professional promotes independence, self-esteem and community integration, to individuals with developmental disabilities in our Day Services Program.
Other responsibilies include:
- Provides instruction and assistance to individuals in areas of daily living including but not limited to personal hygiene, cooking, house maintenance, social interaction with peer group, mobility training, constructive use of leisure time and personal finances.
- Participates in a person centered approach to program plan development and participates in activities to build competencies and integrate individuals into their communities.
- Embraces team approach, attending and participating in all staff meetings and mentoring new staff.
- Participates in program plan development, maintaining a capacity-based approach and participates in activities to build competencies and integrate them full into their communities.
- DSP’s working in a Residential position may work overnight shifts or have on-call responsibilities as required by program and as needed.
- May be required to Administer and monitor medication to individuals. Perform heath care treatment as prescribed by program.
- Assists individuals we serve to identify social, recreation and other community resources the individual may wish to access and devise plans to achieve that access.
- Negotiates schedules and daily activities.
- Completes all mandated reporting requirements by Wildwood and regulating agencies including but not limited to the following:
- Habilitation plan service delivery checklists, notes and summaries.
- Incident reports
- Documents related to medication administration
- Documents related to behavioral support plans
- Documentation related to personal allowance
- Agency related documentation.
- Helps ensure appropriate safeguards for individuals are developed and maintained.
- Provides and/or coordinates transportation for individuals to program activities, appointments, recreational activities and other activities.
- Remains current in agency and program related training.
- Communicates with other agencies, employers, family members, job coaches and any other necessary people.
- Implements emergency procedures established by the agency as necessary.
- Provide emergency first aid and CPR as necessary.
The position is a day shift is Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. We have multiple locations in the Capital District.
Wildwood offers their employees GREAT BENEFITS. They include but not limited to:
* Health, Dental, Flex, Dependent Care, Spousal Reimbursement
* Retiree Health Reimbursement Accounts, 403B
* Paid Leaves, Tuition Assistance, In-house Scholarship programs, On-site Day Care
* Community Savings and Discounts
* Paid Trainings and Seminars
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). A valid NYS driver's license and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required. Must have access to a vehicle on a daily basis.