Direct Support Professional- Awake Overnights
Direct Support Professional
Schenectady NY, Latham NY
The Awake Overnight position promotes independence, self-esteem and community integration, to individuals with developmental disabilities in Wildwood operated home settings by performing the following duties:
- Providing instruction and assistance to individuals in areas of daily living including but not limited to personal hygiene, cooking, house maintenance, social interaction with peer group, mobility training, constructive use of leisure time and personal finances.
- Participating in program plan development, maintaining a capacity-based approach and participating in activities to build competencies and integrate them full into their communities.
- Completing regular overnight shifts as required by the program and as needed.
- Completing all mandated reporting requirements by Wildwood.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A valid NYS driver's license and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required. Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check process.