- Receives work orders verbally, in writing, or email from team leadership and follows through as instructed.
- Assists the facilities team with routine maintenance activities including:
- Minor electrical, carpentry, and plumbing repairs.
- Replaces worn or defective parts as instructed.
- Prepares or patches surfaces for painting, and paints interior or external walls and trim.
- Replaces air conditioner filters.
- Assists other departments with furniture moves and unloading.
- Assists in inspecting buildings and facilities for repairs and general maintenance.
- Assists in fire inspections and other inspections as needed
- Assists with grounds keeping activities including:
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Performs landscaping duties such as cutting grass, raking leaves, trimming weeds, digging flower beds and planting flowers on the agency’s properties.
- Operates lawn tractor with front-end loader.
- Assists with custodial activities including:
- Cleans internal areas of buildings including dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing and vacuuming hallways, stairs and office space.
- Empties office trash and garbage containers and helps consolidate trash for weekly pickup.
- Assists in the purchase, pick up, and storage of cleaning supplies.
- Informs supervisor or leadership of maintenance issues.
- Makes recommendations for improvements or new equipment.
- Checks to ensure that buildings are heated, cleaned, locked, and unlocked in readiness for all activities.
- Displays a positive attitude in interactions with agency staff and the people Wildwood supports.
- Maintains department records including MSDS and other safety records.
- All supervisors, managers, and employees are all responsible for helping to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, and for acting safely.
Three months related experience and/or training; or a high school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance (including on ladders and scaffolds) and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
A valid New York State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.