- Operates all vehicles in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Maintains accurate mileage and attendance documents as required.
- Physically assists passengers as needed and required.
- Completes all mandated reporting requirements by Wildwood and regulating agencies including but not limited to the following:
- Completes vehicle pre-trip, vehicle inspection and paperwork as required.
- Incident reports
- Agency related documentation.
- Calls in during inclement weather as required.
- Reports traffic infractions/tickets before the end of their shift.
- Provides person centered attention to all the individuals we serve including respect, dignity, patience and courtesy.
- Complies with local traffic regulations.
- Remains current in agency and program related training.
- Communicates with other agencies, family members, Wildwood staff and any other necessary people.
- Implements emergency procedures established by the agency as necessary.
- Provide emergency first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Performs routine interior and exterior cleaning and maintenance of vehicles as assigned.
- Reports unique or emergency medical conditions of individuals to the program staff and management team.
- All supervisors, managers, and employees are all responsible for helping to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, and for acting safely.
Must be 21 years of age or older and have six months bus driving experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and email software.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid NYS Driver’s license required, CDL w/ P endorsement strongly preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and work with explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- A valid NYS driver's license and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- First-Aid and CPR certification or eligibility for certification.
- SCIP-R certification based on program need.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check process.