Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote independence, self-esteem and social integration in a residential environment. Wildwood Programs is a proud provider of educational, residential, employment, and other community-based supports to people with disabilities and we are looking for someone dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives.
This Part-Time/Per-Diem position is not benefits eligible and the pay rate starts at $15.00 per hour and has flexible schedules that fit individual needs.
How it works…A direct care Residential Relief DSP MUST be able to work at different residential locations throughout the Capital Region and willing to work varying hours up to 20 hours per week. These locations include any of our many locations throughout Saratoga, Schenectady, Albany or Rensselaer County and shifts may cover any combination of day or evening shifts and/or an overnight shift.
This position requires a great amount of flexibility, commitment, self-motivation and solid communication skills. We are looking for staff to build a long-term relationship with the individuals we support. Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our individuals in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and possess a strong desire to help others.
- A valid NYS license and clean driving record are required as you will be responsible to drive individuals to appointments and activities
- Reliable transportation, attendance and willingness to learn
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Detailed oriented with ability to accurately complete all required daily documentation and reporting
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Promote Physical and Emotional Well-Being: Commit to promote the emotional, physical, and personal well-being of the individual supported. Encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of those receiving support while being attentive and energetic in reducing the risk of harm
- Integrity and Responsibility: Support the mission and vitality of the profession to assist individual in leading self-directed lives and to foster a spirit of partnership with the individuals, other professionals, and the community
- Confidentiality: Safeguard and respect the confidentiality and privacy of individuals
- Justice, Fairness and Equity: Affirm the human rights as well as the civil rights and responsibilities of individuals. Promote and practice justice, fairness, and equity for all
- Respect: Respect the human dignity and uniqueness of individuals. Recognize each individual as valuable and promote their value, interests and needs
- Self-Determination: Assist individuals to direct the course of their own lives
- Advocacy: Advocate with individuals for justice, inclusion, and full community participation