The locations that we serve for Community Hab. are Albany County, Rensselaer County, Saratoga County and Schenectady County.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote independence, self-esteem and social integration in a Community environment. Wildwood Programs is a proud provider of educational, residential, employment, and other community-based supports to people with disabilities and we are looking for someone dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives.
Community Hab. provides one on one support to individuals who may live in their own apartments or at home with their families that need additional support out in the community. Although this Part-Time/Per-Diem position is not benefit eligible the pay rate is $15.00 per hour and has flexible schedules that fit individual needs.
How it works…A Community Hab. DSP is matched to an individual based on likes, location and availability. The best matches occur when the staff and individual have common interests such as sports, recreational activities, animals or hobbies. A Community Hab. DSP position requires a great amount of commitment, self-motivation and solid communication skills. We are looking for staff to build a long-term relationship with the individuals we support. Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our individuals in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and possess a strong desire to help others.
Individuals receive 4-18 hours (on average) of services per week. The scheduling of those hours is determined between the staff and the individual or family.
- A valid NYS license and clean driving record are required as you will be responsible to drive individuals to appointments and activities
- Reliable transportation, attendance and willingness to learn
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Detailed oriented with ability to accurately complete all required daily documentation and reporting
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Promote Physical and Emotional Well-Being: Commit to promote the emotional, physical, and personal well-being of the individual supported. Encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of those receiving support while being attentive and energetic in reducing the risk of harm
- Integrity and Responsibility: Support the mission and vitality of the profession to assist individual in leading self-directed lives and to foster a spirit of partnership with the individuals, other professionals, and the community
- Confidentiality: Safeguard and respect the confidentiality and privacy of individuals
- Justice, Fairness and Equity: Affirm the human rights as well as the civil rights and responsibilities of individuals. Promote and practice justice, fairness, and equity for all
- Respect: Respect the human dignity and uniqueness of individuals. Recognize each individual as valuable and promote their value, interests and needs
- Self-Determination: Assist individuals to direct the course of their own lives
- Advocacy: Advocate with individuals for justice, inclusion, and full community participation