Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote students in their academic, social, communication, self-care, health, and physical growth.
Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our students in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and a positive attitude while possessing a strong desire to help others. Problem solving skills and commitment to the team is required.
What are the job duties:
- Contributes to and plans lessons in conjunction with the designated curriculum framework
- Works as a part of an inter-disciplinary team to meet each learner's individual needs
- Collaborates with parents, administrators, language therapists, social workers, behavior specialists and others to develop individual educational programs for students.
- Instructs students in all academic subjects.
- Creates learning materials geared to each student's ability and interest, analyzes data and uses it to ensure growth of student
- Trains, supports and supervises teaching assistants within the classroom and community setting
- Conducts Functional Behavior Assessments and develops Behavior Support plans in conjunction with the Behavior Support Team
- Develops and implements data collection systems for academic and behavior support, administers assessments as needed
- Works with students to increase motivation, provides consistent reinforcement to learning, continuous assessment of level of functioning, and continuous feedback to student for all learning activities.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises up to 5 teaching assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Why you should join us:
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, flex sending, a comprehensive wellness program, paid time off, paid training, education tuition assistance, scholarships, employee discounts and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
That’s just a few, check out our Benefits & Perks at https://www.wildwoodprograms.org/index.php/jobs
We are passionate about helping students lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and significant impact in the lives of others. It is our goal to improve the lives of all members of the Wildwood Family.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university preferred; OR Bachelors degree and four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Appleworks, MS Word word processing software; Internet software and FileMaker Pro database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
NYS Special Education Teachers Certification
Directly supervises up to 5 teaching assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Provide support to students in crisis through the use of behavioral support techniques, including the use of personal physical interventions.
A valid New York State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
Must have daily access to their own vehicle and drive our students when the program requires it.
Required to complete, pass, and use CALM training, provided by the school, which includes deescalation strategies and approved protective holds and movements for students.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Colleen on the Wildwood Human Resources team: email@example.com or 518-836-2242.