FULL TIME POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE!
The Teaching Assistant works under the supervision of the classroom teacher in our school program, collaboratives with the classroom team to assist students in their academic, social, communication, self-care, health, and physical growth. Other duties include:
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with specialized instructional programs prepared by the teacher to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Assists students in the development and use of available instructional resources, materials and equipment appropriate to planned learning programs.
- Assists with the monitoring of students' activities in the halls and cafeteria, on the playground and during arrival and dismissal periods.
- Attends to the physical needs of students such a helping with clothing, or attending to personal hygiene and toilet habits as needed.
At Wildwood Programs, we build relationships that last a lifetime. Our non-profit organization provides services to children and adults with disabilities. We are proud to say that we make a difference every day. In our open, supportive workplace, employees are truly appreciated.
Join our team of over 600 dedicated professionals working to improve lives of the individuals we support.
Amazing benefits including but not limited to:
* Coverage of up to 90\% of health and dental insurance costs for employees and their dependents
* Tuition Assistance
* Paid training
* Flexible Spending Account for Medical Expenses
* Paid Holidays, Vacation and sick time
* 403(b) Retirement plan and much more!
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). NYS Teaching Assistant Certification or eligible to complete the requirements for and maintain NYS Teaching Assistant Certification. The position requires a NYS Driver's license and daily access to a vehicle.