This 10 month position will start immediately. It will be
The person will work in a special education school environment to provide:
- individual and group therapy in the areas of speech and language development according to individualized education plans.
- classroom push-in support and works collaboratively within a transdisciplinary team approach.
- completes in-depth diagnostic evaluations of students’ speech, language, and communication abilities and audiological screenings.
- presents a comprehensive analysis of students’ communication abilities and needs.
- develops and implements effective goals, techniques and lessons. Incorporates available technology.
Masters degree in Speech/Language Pathology preferred; NYS professional licensure and ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence preferred; Bachelors degree in Speech/Language Pathology with NYS teaching certification required; Clinical Fellowship Year opportunity available.NYS Professional License, Speech and Language Pathologist and/or ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence is desired; NYS Teaching Certification for Speech and Hearing Impaired or Speech and Language Impaired is required. A valid New York State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.